Saturday 23 July 2011

I guess this is as appropriate as anything.

Amy Winehouse was found dead.  Shocking.  Saddening.  Heartbreaking - for her family, friends and fans.  I was never a lover of her music - except for the Valerie song - but she had talent.  And she had demons that ate her up.  Addiction is still a taboo subject and something people just don't understand.  Even I can't understand how someone with the talent she had could succumb to drug addiction, but then I'm not a drug addict and don't understand what it is that something like Smack has to offer a person.

As I have already used Valerie on this blog and because I do not like any other songs by Amy, I thought I would use this one.  Firstly, when I hear of someone's death (and let's face it, we have had more than our fair share of death recently in this family) I get to thinking about what I want at my own funeral and this is one of the songs I would like to have.
Secondly, Amy will live on in her music and the memories her family, friends and fans have of her, so it seems kind of appropriate.

Journey well to the Summerlands Amy, I hope you find peace wherever you are now.



No comments:

Post a Comment