Friday 1 July 2011

Happy Birthday DH.

Many moons ago when my DH was 21 he had a birthday party.  And he had a secret crush on a 17 year old and so he invited all of her friends to his party, just so she would turn up.  And as is the polite thing to do, he went round each of his guests and thanked them for coming........except me.  Yes, he totally blanked me because he was far too shy to speak to me.

I remember that night well.  It was a midweek party (obviously his birthday was on that particular day) and I had to be up at five a.m. the next morning for work.  Alcohol was out of the question as I obviously didn't want a hangover for my shift the next day.  Boredom was kicking in, everyone was having a good time and yet here I was bored silly and obviously (or so I thought) not good enough to speak to.

If only I had known how he really felt , huh?

Anyway, this song was playing that night, I remember it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment